Wednesday 30 March 2011

AMP3 Product Sleepover: 30W USB Desktop Speakers by QSB!

Share
I bet you are sitting there wondering what a ‘product sleep over’ is!? Well not to fear you are about to find out!

Here at AMP3 we value giving our customers an informed, open and honest opinion. How can we give you the whole picture if our staff members haven’t had first-hand experience with the products we are offering you? Well now we can! We are encouraging our staff members to take home and trial products for themselves, and every day we will post up our results right here on our blog!

This week, our PR Manager Pauline is astonished by the power of the QSB USB 30W speaker system!

SoundScience QSB Speakers – Sleepover review

Pros: the sound clarity, the premium case to carry the speakers, the USB port, the sleek and neat design.


Cons: too heavy. Restrictive usage: for pc / laptop only.


Verdict: These little “plug and play” speakers are highly recommended for people who commute and travel a lot (premium travel case) and for those who fancy transform their living-room in a mini house-club. The sound is amazing even at maximum volume!

Full Review

I have in my hands a premium box with the colours of the brand “red and black”. It is quite heavy but the box is hard and designed to protect the tiny speakers when you travel.



SoundScience QSB Speakers

Once I opened this nice box which looks like a jewel case, I had sparkles in my eyes. I discovered two little gems! Cube-shaped, mainly black – silver on the edges – those two tiny speakers look gorgeous and reflect SoundScience premium branding. I am truly amazed by the design of these speakers – sleek and neat!

QSB USB Speakers - Out the Box

But design is not everything. These are travel speakers, but are they ‘travel friendly’? The QSB Speakers once again impressed me: they are unique as you plug them to your pc / laptop via a USB port! You don’t need to charge them before using them and there is no need to worry about the battery! Thanks to the USB port, the speakers are automatically charged via your device and they are ready to be used. Impressive isn’t it?

I travel most of my weekends and when I have time off so music on the go and listening to my favourite radios stations online are vital for me. I use my netbook when I’m traveling, unfortunately its integrated speakers don’t sound very good; I also don’t feel very comfortable with earphones and their wires make your life harder – you have to be attached to your laptop! With speakers, freedom is guaranteed!

QSB USB Speakers - Connected

Tonight I decided to test these gems while listening to the news. I plugged them to my netbook and put the volume up! Unbelievable – these tiny speakers filled the room with a pure and clear sound! It was very enjoyable to (finally!) listen to the news and then music with a stunning sound.

I started a small test (it was already quite late and I didn’t want to bother all my neighbours) – I cranked the volume to its maximum. These speakers would also be ideal for a flat party with a bunch of friends during the weekend and on holiday. Even at full volume the clarity of the sound is still amazing!

These little “plug and play” speakers are highly recommended for people who commute and travel a lot (remember the premium box to carry them) and for those who fancy transform their living-room in a mini house-club!

QSB USB Speaker



Review by Pauline Monchy - PR Manager





Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. I got these from a place in Holland - and frankly, your review is pretty much spot on .... NXT in the past have been behind some rubbish speakers ... however, these babies really are quite astonishing .... excellent sound quality, and I mean excellent for £90 (I use Epox Maxi speakers at home as a reference), powered *only* from USB, and with high undistorted volume output. Quality is great .. though I would quibble with their styling ... looks a bit 1980s to me, but hey :) Anyone with a laptop who enjoys music needs these as a must-buy ... they are that different from any other comparable product on the market ... making a wireless version of these is a no-brainer ... are these to come, SoundScience?

    ReplyDelete