Tuesday 22 March 2011

AMP3 Product Sleepover: Sportsband 2 – A Runners Red Revolution!

Share I bet you are sitting there wondering what a ‘product sleep over’ is!? Well not to fear you are about to find out!

Here at AMP3 we value giving our customers an informed, open and honest opinion. How can we give you the whole picture if our staff members haven’t had first hand experience with the products we are offering you? Well now we can! We are encouraging our staff members to take home and trial products for themselves, and everyday we will post up our results right here on our blog!

This week, our Accounts Manager, Zach gets some hands on time with the Jaybird Sportsband 2 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones.

Sportsband 2 – A Runners Red Revolution


Pros: Easy to connect, Wire-free, exceptional sound quality with deep bass and crisp trebles, crystal clear calls, hook them up to two devices, music and call control on the headset, stylish, Life changing in terms of how you exercise!

Cons: If you can find one let me know, I cant see past these!

Verdict: I'm pretty pleased with my purchase. Not only have they changed the way I exercise, but they've allowed me to enjoy my music at the same time. In addition to everything else, they are light and comfortable to wear for extended periods and no matter how hard you train, they are guaranteed to be sweat resistant, so no more excuses, get a pair and get running!


Full Review...

I've never been much of a runner, mainly because the thought of spending an hour on the treadmill bores me to insanity, however...after being inadvertently signed up for the Edinburgh half-marathon, it was inevitable that I would have to do some running at some point. But how would I motivate myself to run those long 13.1 miles...cue a motivational play-list on my Nokia music phone, held securely on my arm with a made to measure Nokia case, and my newly acquired Jaybird Sportsband 2 Bluetooth Headphones (in a very appropriately named Runner's Red colour).

I can't remember using the Bluetooth function on my phone before, but in the blink of an eye phone and headphones were effortlessly signing to each other...completely wirelessly!



Now I have done a few short sessions on the treadmill in the past, helped along with music and some wired 'sports earphones' and that's the first difference right there. You really don't realise just how annoying running with wired headphones is until the wires are gone. No more clipping wires to your shirt, no more stuffing wires down your back and out your sleeve and most importantly of all no more yanking the earphones out your ears during a spirited sprint finish!


The advantages don't stop there! Not only can you say hello to wire-free music, you'll also be pleased to hear that you can say a very big hello to exceptional sound quality...no really! They may not look like they are going to dazzle you with deep bass and rich treble, but get ready for a very pleasant surprise. And there's more! The sportsbands also have a built in microphone, which, when connected (wirelessly) to you mobile phone allows you to receive crystal clear calls at the touch of a button. But what if you are using some other bluetooth enabled music device, how will you hear your phone ringing I hear you ask? Step forward the sportsbands penultimate party piece. These clever little headphones get round this little dilemma by allowing you to connect them to two bluetooth devices...at the same time. So you can be reading an e-book on you iPad while listening to the melodic tones of Mozart and at the touch of a button can answer a call, to let the Mrs know that you'll be home soon and that you like your steak medium ;-)

Back to the training though...the sportsbands final party piece lets you control your music device without having to take it out of your pocket. Stylishly incorporated onto the side of the right side headphone are controls for skipping tracks, forward and back and volume controls...yes you guessed it, up and down.


So if you haven't figured it out yet, I'm pretty pleased with my purchase. Not only have they changed the way I exercise, but they've allowed me to enjoy my music at the same time. In addition to everything else, they are light and comfortable to wear for extended periods and no matter how hard you train, they are guaranteed to be sweat resistant, so no more excuses, get a pair and get running!


Want to see more on this product? Check out its full features and specs at AMP3 - Click Here




Review by Zach Welensky - Accounts Manager





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment